- Photo documentation is the use of photography to record and secures the files various aspects of photo management. Photo documentation forms contain the name of the victim, the case number, and the date and time the photographs were taken from a given incident. The form also contains remarks sections which include case notes. The contents in the documentation form are extremely vital in providing the full evidence of an incident. The absence of any of these types of documents will lead the photography to a disadvantage as the evidence is little thus making it difficult to proof an incident.
- The photo documenting is very important because it provides first-hand information about the incident that happened in an original context. It provides raw information, thus it is more noteworthy than gathering information from hearsay. Recording an incident requires one to use a standard not filtered flash and lens combination to record the subject on a conventional color slide film. The position of the camera for the film surface should be parallel to the incidence. The photographer takes various angles and distant pictures of the incident by taking various shots. He adjusts the lens aperture by one-half to one full of-stop on either side of the several shots. This is significant as the flash may have unpredictable reflections. Video documentation is vital as it assists in the provision of required evidence to the investigation and to the court presentation in case of formal charges.
- Surveillance photographing is crucial since expert analyst can use the videos to get valuable information of a suspect. It seems to be a reliant method of providing evidence of a given incident since information can still be derived even if it had been distorted, or the camera angle was badly located. Night surveillance seems to have several limitations as compared to daytime surveillance since the camera’s view is not clear. This results in fuzzy blobs or critical footage; it takes the investigators a lot of time to extract information from the fuzzy blobs and critical footage. The surveillance photography requires computer wizardly to extract a useful image for evidence from a blurred camera view.
- Aerial photographs are beneficial in providing information as the view is not distracted by structures, thus it provides a clear view of a crime scene. It is also believed to be an efficient source of evidence since the photographers are not at risk hence they take the original scene. Aerial photography even is more useful in some situations such as observing an eminent person’s security, for example, the presidential escort security, or security in an international conference. It can be made more efficient by the use of equipments such as butterfly cameras, helicopters, and parachutes.
- In conclusion, photography documentation is crucial in providing raw information in a crime scene as well as providing evidence in court in case of formal charges.
|Computer Keyboard Technology||Biology Today: DNA, Plant and Animal Evolution, Population Growth|